Vision on Identity and Access Management to 2020
- Web IDM (identity management) & ACM (access management) are applications that manage all identity and permissions data for the majority of the applications in the scope of the Flemish Government.
- The former application had maintenance problems and was based on end-of-life products.
- Integrating new applications was too expensive and took too much time.
- Government was looking for a more extensible system that provides better usability to end users.
- Requirement for centralized identity and access management.
Value for citizens/government
- A centralised solution with good usability.
- Flexible and applicable in every department of the Flemish Government.
- One-time cost.
- Short time between idea and implementation.
- Increased security through extra new features.
- Single sign-on based on flexible policies.