- VLABEL (Flemish tax office) uses one application platform that handles all existing taxes.
- Due to state reform, the tax authority was transferred from the federal government to the Flemish government.
- VLABEL was still acquiring in-depth knowledge on these taxes.
- Taxes are complex, include a variety of parameters to calculate, and are provided by different sources.
- Need for a platform that collects all factual data, calculates taxes, performs controls, issues tax bills, and executes collection of taxes.
Value for citizens/government
- Sending out tax bills in a timely fashion means timely collection of taxes.
- The number of complaints has been drastically reduced.
- Efficiency has improved, as VLABEL needs far less people to handle tax collection (compared to the federal government tax collection process).
- Working more digitally means less paperwork is generated and all information is stored in one place.